Wednesday, October 6, 2010

LA PHANTASMA DE MINERAL DE POZOS

This photo is a happy accident from the cosmos or perhaps a fortelling of things to come. It happened Saturday when I was outside my home in Pozos taking a photo of the Day of the Dead window I had created the night before. Yes, I know I am a little early, but as I am a gringa and used to Holloween in the USA, I could not wait until the appropriate time.......usually around the 30th of October. Also, I have a Tienda de Ropas operating out of the first half of my Main Sala which features this window and I wanted to get peoples attention. So..........thinking I was taking a photo of what was in the window and not realizing that I was picking up a reflection of the sky and house behind me and also not realizing that the skeleton mask I had placed on the manniquin was all that came thru the window and the bars in front of the window.......Viola..............magic and a true representative of the legend that Pozos is a ghost town even with thousands of live souls. I wanted to share this with all of you because I am so excited about it. You would think I am a real photographer and I promise I did not photoshop this.

1 comment:

  1. What a great photo, Gayle. I think of you and your wonderful house in Pozos often. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete